Saturday, July 30, 2011

Smoothie Queen

This morning I woke up still sore from the 30 Day Shred DVD I did on Thursday, but kept the flow going and did Jillian Michaels Shred It With Weights DVD.


I'm trying to get into the habit of doing strength training more regularly. I love feeling my muscles respond and getting stronger! I really like most of this DVD. There is one move where you swing the kettle bell from between your legs to up over your head, but when I do this move my shoulders hurt. They hurt in a "might come out of the socket" sort of way. (I realize they most likely will not, but who wants to tempt it?!?) Plus when you get to the top of the swing you are supposed to flip the kettle bell over so that it's leaning on the back of your hand, and I also feel like this could cause wrist injuries.

Other than that move I really like this work out. I've yet to try level 2. One day!

I was starving after this workout and decided to make yet another summer smoothie. I wasn't in the mood for the usual chocolate one. I'm actually not a huge fan of chocolate. I much prefer vanilla but currently don't have any vanilla protein powder.

While I browsed the fridge & freezer, I decided to make something tropically.
 I LOVE frozen 'naners and always have a few on hand. I know some people who are smarter than me peel the banana and THEN freeze it, but I keep forgetting to do this. I find it simple enough to open though. I simply cut the banana in half, and then make vertical slits into the skin. It pops right off!


Do you like my blue, white & yellow theme? I felt brilliant when I added the pineapple Chobani instead of a plain one. It's the little things!!



ZOMG this smoothie was awesome! All it needed was some rum and it'd be perfect! ;)

I enjoyed this with another iced coffee that I made all by myself.


Did you notice the tiny spoon?

Tiny spoon!

How cute is it?! I also bought it in red. I love that this one matches my smoothie bowl!
Last night I dragged Pete to Crate & Barrel and nearly bought everything in the tabletop section. I should really design my own dishes, mugs and kitchen utensils! Pete always laughs at me because he thinks I love anything that is smaller than average. I immediately protested until I realized he's so right.  Anytime we're in a store and I see a small plate, mini sized colander or tiny spoons I get super excited. I don't normally buy the pieces, but I couldn't resist the cute spoons!*

*I did not wind up eating the smoothie bowl with this spoon as it would've taken 2 hours*

I plan on using the spoons for things like ice cream & pudding.

Lastly, I want to send out a Happy Happy Birthday wish to Ms. Emily!


You are the best and I love you to bits and can't wait to celebrate tonight 80s style!! :D xoxo<3

2 comments:

  1. That smoothie sounds so yummy! Sounds like a good choice.. I just absolutely hate any protein powder except vanilla for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Thanks for the bday shout out!!! I'm famous now since I'm on your blog

    ReplyDelete