Thursday, July 28, 2011

Broadway in the Park

Hiya! I always love Thursdays. I'm not sure why. I think it has something to do with back in the day when Friends was on. "Must See TV"! haha. I was born on a Thursday. Lots of happy hours occur on Thursdays. It's the day before the day before the weekend - I don't know, but I'm into it.


One of my favorite things about Thursdays during the summer is the free Broadway series in Bryant Park. Each week a number of open Broadway & off Broadway shows perform a few songs for free during lunch hour.


No one came.

I stopped by on my lunch break a few weeks ago and saw a few songs performed from Million Dollar Quartet, about one random, snowy night where Elvis, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins & Jerry Lee Lewis all stopped by the studio and created this gem of a record. (Yea, I just said gem.)

Jem?
 I got to see this show while it was on Broadway and really enjoyed it! I didn't quite know what to expect since I didn't know the back story, but was pleasantly surprised. They played a ton of hits that I was familiar with, but what was most intriguing about this show was the actors. They all played their own instruments and played them well. They really brought the characters to life. I've seen a ton of Broadway shows and this is one that blew me away! What
was even better was the fact that if you bought seats in the last 2 rows, tickets were only $40 each! It was nice to see a few songs from the show again for free in the park.

It was a gorgeous day out and is one of those random events that make NY special.

I love the backdrop of the Empire State Building peaking through the trees. I love summer!

When I got home I worked it out! I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I did Level 1 because I like a lot of the strength moves. I used my 5lb weights as opposed to my usual 3lb weights weakling and now my arms are shaking! Like, an hour after I've finished! Woot!

I rewarded myself with this delicioso iced coffee.

I'm so proud of making this! It's my first iced coffee with the Keurig! Lol. It's the little things people! :) With each sip I couldn't help thinking about the $4.50 I saved from Starbucks.

I also snacked on some of these.

Another proud moment - I actually counted out a serving size!! There are 27 here. (Actually I had 28... for my age. Does this count as OCD?)

Now I'm sitting, catching up on One Life To Live and playing with this nut.

BALL!!

She will be glad to see him go - 3 more days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment