Sunday, July 17, 2011

29 x 29

I started this blog for a number of reasons. One being to have a creative outlet, hobby and place to dust off my writing skills. Another was to keep myself on track towards some goals I want to hit before I turn 30. Thirty is a definitive number & deadline, but really I'm just looking to work towards the person I want to be - fit & healthy, out of debt, and happy! (I'm pretty happy, but it's good to keep working at it, no?)

So I'm setting an official bloggy goal of 29 x 29: To lose 29 pounds by the time I turn 29 on September 16th. I'm already down 8.9 pounds so I'm nearly a third there, however, I've often gotten to this place and stopped. I've been riding a HUGE  motivation wave lately and am loving it! I need a solid goal to look forwards to - not something so broad as "I wanna be healthy n stuff" LOL. So that is my first goal! I have about 9 weeks to get there and will be doing it the healthy way with lots of exercise, fresh fruits & veggies & lean proteins. (And probably a bunch of Sugar Free Jell-o.)

This morning I started out with an awesome smoothie!



In the mix:
  • 1 frozen 'naner
  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberry
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1 cup 2% milk
  • 1/2 a container of plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • handful of spinach


This smoothie was tasty and filling. I don't normally add Greek yogurt in the mix but it made it really creamy and added an extra flavor I don't usually have in my morning smoothies. It was a win! I need to experiment with different combinations and mix it up a bit. Any suggestions?

Ya know what's a great motivator to get some exercise? A whiny dog!!  LOL Like I mentioned before, I've never had a dog in my life until Friday when we agreed to watch Pete's sister's dog Duke. GOD HE IS SO CUTE.




I don't know if you're supposed to let them tough it out to train them to hold their pee or what (he's only a puppy and not really trained - his sister has a yard that they just let him out in). I wound up taking him out once early in the morning, then again mid morning (both for 30 minute walks) and again in the early afternoon for a quick walk around the block. I had already walked an hour by noon! After the 800 walks, I came home and did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, Level 2. That is no joke, but I was able to complete the whole thing! 29 x 29 baby!!



On a final random note- look at Peach's rediculous forepaws.


Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. your cat is hysterical! I love those outstretched paws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bought some protein powder and found out they have a new flavor-banana! Then the checkout lady tells me that they're discontinuing the cookies n' cream flavor that I wasn't aware of!!(insert Scooby-Doo surprised noise)

    ReplyDelete