Monday, July 11, 2011

Child Times

How was everyone's weekend? :)

I had a blast watching my 7 year old nephew Daniel. Friday night we ate some dinner and relaxed a bit. Daniel really knows how to work his face for the camera!

The next day we woke up at the crack of 6:20am. "Aunt Laura, are you awake?" *No*
It was such a gorgeous day out! We spent some time drawing with chalk, at the park & at McDonald's Play Place.






 I had a very full circle moment when I took Danny to McDonald's. I know its not the healthiest place but I have such a connection with the particular McD's I took him to that I couldn't resist. I currently live in the same town where I grew up. One of my earliest memories was of my brother, who is ten years old than me, taking me on long walks through the park and to this McD's every Saturday. Those were some of my favorite times with him! After he moved away from home, my sister (Danny's mom) took over and we continued our own similar tradition. It was weird to sit in the same seats as I did as a child with the next generation!

Today I am getting back on track and making way better food choices.


I woke up, went to the gym, and made myself a Thomas' bagel thin with chunky peanut butter topped with a banana, some blueberries, and a sprinkling of cinnamon. It was delicious! Now I'm off to take my lunch break and get away from my desk for a bit and enjoy the summer sunshine!



0 comments:

Post a Comment