Thursday, August 4, 2011

Getting Back Into It

So, this week hasn't been a great one health wise. I mean, it was fine, just clouded with some poor choices. Going out for a birthday is great and a part of life and I will always find a balance to include such activities in my life, but it's not a reason for a full derailment! I could've drank a bit less on Saturday (shhh judgies ;) and I could've made better hangover food choices the next day. And Monday - Ok now that's ridiculous. There was no need to ruin Monday. I need to remember to keep my eyes on my goals. I did feel however that on Tuesday (the start of my health week) I felt a renewed sense of drive. I'm thankful for that and even paused to be a lil bit proud of myself. In the past, I would've just gone on for weeks, saying I'd start over in September, or on my birthday mid month etc.

I found that when I used my blog to keep me more on track I .... get this... stayed more on track!!  So here are some meals!

Yesterday morning I made my awesome tropical smoothie, but this time had some spinach on hand.
Greeeeen

Check out this green! :D I love this color! I want to paint my walls this color and buy matching throw pillows. You can't even taste the spinach in this. I recommend it as a great way to get more veggies in.

For dinner I had a great salad. .. But I need to remember to position each addition nicely so I can take a prettier picture!

In the mix:
  • lettuce
  • spinach
  • tomato
  • celery
  • baby carrots
  • corn
  • jalapeno peppers
  • black bean burger

I ate this dressed with Wishbone Honey Dijon. After tasting this dressing, I promptly divorced Pete and married the dressing. SO GOOD! I do want to check the ingredient list though. Whenever something is this tasty, there is usually high fructose corn syrup in it. I like to try to stay away from this. It's hard though since it's in everything!

This morning I felt I initiated myself into the "Healthy Blogger" world. I finally bought Chia seeds!!! :D

*Naturally I didn't take a photo*  *Still learning blogging*

As soon as I opened them, I had to resist the urge to mix them in water & slather them all over Peach to see if I could grow my very own Chia Pet.

Don't you dare.

I was excited to finally try these little powerhouses out. They have a ton of omega 3s in them and have a gelling action when exposed to water that makes them plump up, keeping you fuller *not a word for longer.

I added them to my usual sandwich thin with peanut butter, 'naner, & cinnamon.

I can't wait to try them in other recipes where they really plump up.


So that's all for now! I will be photographing more stuff that I eat soon & attempting to stay on track in the meantime :)

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of chia seeds, what? I may need to participate in this trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried Walden Farms Dressing? It's a little bit more expensive but it lacks the demon high fructose corn syrup as well as fat, calories and gluten. But the taste is amazing! I recommend the Honey Mustard or the Chipotle Ranch.

    ReplyDelete