Friday, August 26, 2011

Watch out NY!

Holla!! Did all you east coasters survive the earthquake on Tuesday?? Are y'all ready to be blown over in hurricane Irene this weekend? Whew! I'm sure you all know this is happening because the world is ending in 2012. You didn't think it'd just end did you? It has to come to an end over time, clearly starting with eastern N America.

Anydelusions, I'm not giving up! I'm still going to set goals and be the best Laura I can! I started out this week with a wonderful smoothie.


Nom nom.
I don't really understand.... I've made tons of smoothies all summer long and while they're always similar, I have a hard time recreating ones I loved. It's so frustrating. Sometimes the texture is really thick  and what I want (that's what she said) and sometimes it need to drink it with a straw (no bueno). Well.. sorta bueno. I think I really just want some ice cream.

In the bowl:
  • 1 & 1/2 frozen 'naners (small)
  • 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
  • 1 cup dark chocolate almond milk
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
Great breakfast!

So this week has been pretty decent but I wanted to make some tangible, bloggable goals for the week. I read a bunch of blogs of girls who attended the Healthy Living Summit this past weekend and when I left comments on blogs about what MY blog was about, I realized I'm still trying to find that out myself! I started it with the intention of keeping me on track and helping me reach goals before I hit 30 in about a year. I also wanted to get back into writing and just have a space where I could be free and say what I wanted. But as much as I love what I've done here so far (sort of an internet scrapbook with some meals mixed in) I'd like to have accountable Fridays. Sooo here's my list for this week!
  1. Work out 4x (2x at the gym). Why on Earth am I paying for this gym!?!
  2. Bring lunch every day next week. (I'm normally pretty good at this but today I spent $9 on lunch :p)
  3. Get at least 5 servings of fruits/veggies in each day. (Easy peasy!)
  4. Spend 15 minutes each day keeping my home neat & clean.
  5. Blog at least 3x this week.
Sooo let's see how I do!  This past week I've done yoga 2x and Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred Level 3 (!!) so I am proud of that. These goals are a little easy/nothing life changing...but a million steps brings you a long way! Or some other cliche.
  
   6. Use less cliches.

Since you endured that long ass paragraph about myself and my vague life goals, here are some pictures of Peach cleaning her toes.  Happy Weekend! Be safe in the hurricane! Drink a hurricane instead!


Not my most flattering angle

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals this week! I like the idea of posting them- I know I'd feel more accountable having them on my blog so I may steal this idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maria@La_Piattini

    Thanks Maria! So far I'm doing about 70% of it lol!

    ReplyDelete