Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wasabi Blues

For dinner Thursday evening I was on my own and was in the mood for a big, vegetably salad!

Again I forgot to place everything nicely for a photo. This salad included:
  • lettuce
  • spinach
  • tomato
  • celery
  • cucumber
  • blueberries
  • gorgonzola
  • black bean veggie burger


It was sooo good :D

Afterwards I played with devil Peach.


Yesterday I had a half day from work and me & Pete took a drive out to the island for some dinner and a walk on the boardwalk.

We drove up and down the main boulevard looking for a place that piqued our interest. After glancing at the menu in the window, Grillfire was our choice!
They started us off with some soft pretzels and mustard which were pretty tasty!
nom nom

I ordered a glass of Riesling but the flavor was a bit off. It was sorta  an omen for the rest of my meal.


I ordered a seared tuna wrap with avocado, black beans and lettuce with wasabi dipping sauce. The meal was just ok. I've had a few different meals with seared tuna in the past and they've all been pretty fantastic, but this was lacking. There wasn't much flavor to the tuna and the black beans were just rinsed and placed in the wrap. There was no pizazz! Luckily Pete's chicken meal was much more flavorful, and he let me have a few bites.

Afterwards we headed over to the boardwalk for a lil sunset walk.


It was nice and relaxing! I wish I had a half day every day!! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment