Monday, August 22, 2011

Broadway Baby

I love love love Broadway shows, particularly musicals. I've been going to the theater since I was 12 and feel so lucky that I live in NYC and am able to go often. About two weeks ago I randomly entered a "blogger night" contest to win tickets to Catch Me If You Can. I thought why not? ..and filled out my info. On Monday I got the email that I had won tickets for Thursday night!! I was super excited because a) I never win anything & b) I really wanted to see this show again before it closes on September 4th. 




The show is based on the movie and I think they did a great job adapting it to the stage. The movie is long and there is a ton going on and I thought they stayed true to the story without omitting too much. 

Aaron Tveit  & Norbert Leo Butz star in this show and I love them both. Tveit is charming and a great singer. He does a great job of taking you through the story of his life. It doesn't hurt that he is a bit dreamy as well ;)


Norbert Leo Butz needs no review - he won the Tony for this role and has been amazing in roughly 800 other projects. He had a show stopping number in the first act.

Source

While the show does lag a little bit in some places, I think overall it is a fun time. I really enjoyed the music (the score was written by the guys wrote the music to Hairspray) and storyline. If you're in town, looking for a fun show (before Sept 4th) I would recommend it! Run, don't walk, to catch this musical before it flies away!!

HAAAAA I wanted to see how corny I could get ;)

No but really- go see it.

My friend Brandon joined me for this night out! After the show we went to a Mexican place called Iguana's for some after show margaritas.

The place is really pretty and they have 28 flavors of margarita! I tried the pineapple and the cherry and Brandon went with an original on the rocks.

Guac at the table

We were a bit hungry and decided to order from the menu. I got crab cakes that were SO GOOD. Brandon got a quesadilla that looked great. We ordered guac for the table and they made it in front of us! Fancy :)
crab cakes

'dilla

I loved our little date! It was nice to Catch Brandon If I Could (yea) and see what's going on in his life. I love mid week fun :D
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment