Friday, September 2, 2011

I Pinky Swear

It's Friday! And I have a 3 day weekend!! And I have fun plans all weekend!!! :D

Back in February as Pete and I had yet another meal at the Cheesecake Factory and my meal came out slightly disappointing, I thought to myself - we should take a break from chain restaurants. Now normally we enjoy meals from Cheesecake Factory, & Outback. We'll get some stuff from Chili's and be thirsty for two days from all the salt. Once in a while we'll head to Applebee's and leave wondering why we just did that to ourselves. So I thought enough's enough and came up with a little pact. Pete and I pinky swore to not eat at any chain restaurants for six months. This thought was sparked because we live and work in New York City!! There are 20 restaurants on each block and it's ridiculous that we haven't tried that many of them.

At the end of the 6 months, we had made progress but not enough. I have now enforced a new 3 month rule - only restaurants we haven't been to before! So now we're really gettin started! In the past 2 weeks I've bought about four Groupons. They're a great way to try new places for a discount price!

So far we've tried about three new restaurants. I'm so excited! (It's the little things.) Earlier this week we tried out a new diner in Queens that had been bought by new owners and revamped. I know diners aren't that exciting but the place was pretty nice!

I ordered a grilled chicken wrap with lettuce, tomato and avocado and Pete had a Cesar salad wrap.


It was pretty good! They have a large menu and we plan to return! Afterwards we went to the movies and saw The Debt which was actually pretty good. I got distracted in the lobby though by this:

Squee!! I can't wait :D If you haven't read the Hunger Games trilogy, I highly recommend it!


Goal Check In

So last Friday I had made five goals for myself for the week. While I was a little bit distracted by hurricane Irene, I did ok. Here are the results!

  1. Work out 4x (2x at the gym). Why on Earth am I paying for this gym!?! I did yoga once and 2 long walks. Um.. still not sure why I'm paying for the gym.
  2. Bring lunch every day next week. (I'm normally pretty good at this but today I spent $9 on lunch :p) This I totally did!! Even when it was hard.
  3. Get at least 5 servings of fruits/veggies in each day. (Easy peasy!) I did this 6/7 days.
  4. Spend 15 minutes each day keeping my home neat & clean. I did this 1/7 days LOL fail.
  5. Blog at least 3x this week. Check!
So there ya have it! My slightly underwhelming week.

Here's what's up for this week:

  1. Get to the god damn gym 3x.
  2. Do yoga 2x.
  3. Clean up and organize the kitchen table. (It's an endless struggle.)
  4. Make all needed doctor's appointments. I'm due for some checkups and have been putting them off!
  5. Blog 4x.
There ya have it!

Enjoy your weekend! See you no less than four times next week! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment