Monday, September 26, 2011

Newsies!

Last week I used my Living Social deal to Whole Foods and snagged a bunch of stuff! My voucher was get $20 for $10, plus I had $4 in coupons! I spent $19.92 :D Its the little things people, the little things.

I scored some delicious granola, Oikos yogurt with caramel (OMG GOOD), Van's waffles and almond butter packets.
banana is the best!!


I'm really glad I decided to try the almond butter packets before committing to an entire jar. I learned that I don't really like almond butter! It's too grainy for me.  And almondy. .. I know.

Saturday morning I tried the Van's 97% fat free waffles and were surprised how good they were! I topped them with a 'naner, cinnamon, blueberries and syrup.



NEWSIES

Saturday night, Emily and I saw Newsies at the Papermill Playhouse in New Jersey. We were surprised how cute the town & theater was!
Probably a sewage system...but a pretty one!




We had excellent seats and as soon as the overture started, the 10 year old in me squealed with delight!!  I realize not everyone has seen this 90s Disney movie, but it really was a cult classic. It had great songs and dancing.

Well, let me tell you. The stage version is amazing!! The story is better and moves along well. All your favorite songs from the movie are part of the show including, 'Seize the Day', 'Carrying the Banner', & 'Santa Fe'.

There were a ton of great dance numbers and Jeremy Jordan who plays the lead Jack Kelly was charismatic and had a powerful voice. I'm hoping this show winds up on Broadway next  year. I think it's ready to go and translates well from the movie. If you're in the tri state area, I would recommend you see this before it closes October 15th!


Sunday Pete & I made a routine trip to Target. Do you like my outfit? ;)

Happy Monday everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment