Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Birthday Wine Tour

How was your Labor Day weekend? I had a glorious three day weekend that was unnaturally full and busy!

A while back Brandon & I decided to celebrate our birthdays by gathering up a bunch of friends and taking a day trip out to the vineyards on Long Island. We bought the tickets about a month ago so when Saturday morning finally arrived, we were so excited!

It was a little rough waking up at the crack of dawn and to travel to my favorite place - Lexington & 40th Street, but it was worth it. We all boarded the bus bright and early and were ready for the nearly two hour drive there.
Breakfast sandwiches mmm




Our first stop was Palmer Vineyards which was so beautiful! It was the most gorgeous day outside. This winery was in a large old house with a beautiful back porch and tons and tons of grapes! :)



The bus tour provided us with three tasting tickets for each place we visited. At this winery I tried the Riesling, Cabernet Franc and a white called Gerwurztraminer. My favorite of the three was the Riesling - although I honestly wasn't in love with any of them. I was more in love with the day and atmosphere.


Wine at 11am? Yes, please.

<3



with Nicole :)
After about an hour here, we headed to our next stop - Baiting Hollow Farm Vineyard.



Here we received three more tastings and were able to walk across the way to receive three tastings of vodka at Long Island Spirits.

Baiting Hollow's wines were much more enjoyable to me! Here I tried another Riesling (which was the winner of the day for me!) a Merlot and a Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé.


Birthday girl & boy!
The walls inside their winery were covered with tons of cute stuff including old time candy, wine glasses, and about a million other cute items. I nearly bought everything!





29 forever? 29 now!

After our samples we headed over to the Long Island Spirits. I was a bit nervous to try three shots of vodka! I never do shots of vodka!

Where are we?

not actually sure what is going on here ;)

I was super surprised by these drinks though. They were delicious and went down so smooth! I could drink this all day haha! I tried strawberry, raspberry and lime. Strawberry was my fave and I picked up a bottle of that.
Not all for me


Unfortunately the day flew by! It was so nice to celebrate our birthdays together with some amazing friends. It was great to get out of the city and explore different areas of New York and to not constantly be out in some random bar. I loved hanging out with my close friends, rekindling with old friends and meeting new ones. :D I will say friends some more. Friends.
Ok.

Anyway - I would definitely recommend a day trip to some Long Island wineries! Great day <3

Have you ever been to the vineyards?
What is your favorite type of wine?

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up! I love the way you've arranged the pics of the grapes in this post. it all looked so pretty and you captured it for sure.

    ReplyDelete