Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spend Your Birthday with the Rockefellers

Saturday was Pete's 30th birthday. After a homemade breakfast (made by moi!) we headed out for a day of hiking at the The Rockefeller State Park Preserve in Sleepy Hollow, NY. The weather was gorgeous and spring-like. It was the perfect day to be outside.






There were multiple trailways to choose from. None of them were exceptionally long, but were all interconnected, so we would start out on one and follow through to another. One pathway we chose led us up a steep hill and we were rewarded with cows! :D




I swear, every couple of minutes I would just remark about how pretty & calming the entire park was. I loved the sound of our shoes hitting the pavement, the birds chirping & the babbling brook. I felt like my soul was being nourished and I was one with nature again. It was a very Oprah moment.

It was such a fun afternoon being healthy, getting fresh air and celebrating life. <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment