Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Quiet Time

For the last two weekends, I had some quiet time just hanging around the apartment, cleaning, watching DVR, hanging out with Pete. I've become very much a homebody the last year or two and as much as I love being at home with my little family, I think it gets to me a bit. I think I thrive exploring, engaging and being with friends and family.

That being said, here is a sad bulletpoint list of my week:

  • Laundry!! Laundry laundry. Hate hate hate.

  •  I had a deliciously ripe avocado.

  • Pete invited his dad over and made his mom's family favorite recipe - Pot Roast! God I hate pot roast LOL. Always have, ever since I was a kid and my mom made it. I just don't like the taste of the meat (twss). I did enjoy the throwback of using 80 cans in a meal. I thought they all looked pretty lined up. These days Pete makes his own sauces & gravies, so this is an uncommon sight in our household.

  • And possibly the biggest development - the cats are starting to bond!! Only 5 months of hissing before Peach allowed Lucy to sit next to her (it only lasted about 3 minutes).  I screamed as quietly as possible to get Pete to come into the living room in time.
    This morning, I snapped another semi-bonding moment. I guarantee they'll spend most of the day on these chairs.

    
    "You can stay" ... "Bitch, I know"
     How was your weekend? Next weekend should be entertaining as someone I married is turning 30!!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment