Wednesday, November 9, 2011

This week, my mother and I were invited to take a set tour of One Life To Live! Now, this was a big deal for us as my mother has been watching for forty plus years and I grew up with the show. I would always watch on and off, follow story lines for a while and then not at all. However, for the last three years, I've been a daily watcher. Thanks DVR! :)

A lovely young production assistant took time out of his day to show us around town.

Now, I do realize it's a television show and not real, but it was still jarring to see the "homes" as sets! When we first came in, we were lucky enough to see Starr & James filming a scene on the steps in Starr's home... its just steps! LOL Like I said...I realize it's a fictional show. It's just odd!
At Bo & Nora's

Outside Victor & Tea's home

Visiting Asa's mansion

My mom & I had a blast and were excited to see & meet some of the actors. We watched a few scenes be properly filmed, and a few be rehearsed.


Afterwards we went up to hair  & makeup & then wardrobe. I was itchin' to be made up and wardrobed, but surprisingly, no one offered. ;) *just kidding, not totally delusional yet*


It was such a fun time! A great big thank you & hug to Karl for hooking us up!!

I feel like lately all I do is soap related stuff. Unchartered Soaps. LOL (Watch out for January when I get tickets for the One Life To Live event like they had for AMC!)

I should really be focusing on what I originally wanted for this blog. Yes, a place to share my life & thoughts, but also, a motivating place where I can talk about goals (and um, hello.. meet some of them maybe? Before I turn 30!.. or ever!)

Soooo lets set some goals for this week!
  1. Blog 3x.
  2. Yoga 2x
  3. Gym 3x
  4. Eat smaller meals
  5. Throw a kick ass brunch for Mom's bday Sunday :)
I need to keep myself on track.

After our trip to Llanview, Mom & I went out for a late lunch. When I arrived home, Pete was cooking up a storm, making the meals for the week. By the time it was all done, I only had a mini appetite so I had a mini plate of meat loaf, mashed sweet potatoes, corn &  broccoli.

Playing with the focus of the camera

Look at all those colors!! Pete's been focusing lately on making more colorful items - veggies etc, to get more nutrients in. Yay! He's also hooked on chia seeds!!

I couldn't resist playing with my food. I am five. I planted broccoli trees and planted corn.

One last note, Peach is getting more used to Lucy, and hissing at her about 33% less! She's still very territorial and angry though, but she'll come around. Lucy is busy exploring her new home, but very skiddish. Any noise and she'll run and hide. Last night however, I was playing with a laser pointer thing that Peach LOVES. So I'm moving the laser around for Peach, who is getting ready to pounce, and all of a sudden, out of nowhere, LUCY pounces! LOL Both cats loved it and played together! I hope it was a glimpse of cat love to come!
In the same room! ...Vince don't judge my dishes. You either reader!

The sight of both girls together is hysterical to me as Peach is an over sized lump of 19lbs and Lucy is an undersized *apparently* 2 year old who is 6lbs. She's super tiny. The two look comical together.

OK ill stop babbling about cats! See ya later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment