So back in July I wrote a post about a goal I set for myself - to lose 29lbs by the time I turned 29 (last Friday). Well folks... the verdict is in and I am down 13 pounds. It's not 29 but it is about half way there. I am refocusing and getting back into healthy eating & exercising. You only get one body and one life and I need to take care of me!
I literally woke up on Friday in pain LOL. I mean, my lower back has been aching, I had that weird pain in my side from Thursday, & I've felt out of shape this week after not really doing much to keep fit. I really FELT 29! GOD I'm getting old!! But I know I can turn it around and am ready.
I started yesterday by enjoying a Thomas' Bagel Thin with peanut butter, apple, Craisins and a sprinkling of cinnamon. It was wonderfully fally :)
Pete & I recently joined BJ's Wholesale Club and I could not resist a 4 pound bag of Craisins. I love to put them into salads and thought, "We'll fly through these!" and then laughed out loud in my kitchen since I wound up using like 15 craisins (AND FORGOT TO PUT THEM IN MY LUNCH SALAD FOR TODAY) #fail. hahaha. At least I'm entertaining myself :)
Pete and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary on Monday, September 19th. I cant believe it's been a whole year already!!
Our wedding day was amazing and intimate, filled with friends and family. We had an amazing day.
Goal Check In
I'm not gonna lie... last week was spent mainly spending time with family and friends and going out and celebrating! It went a little like this: two family dinners, a dinner with Pete, Brandon & Patrick, drinks, & another family lunch, my brother Michael coming to visit from Boston with his two children on Saturday, and a mild at home Emmy party with the only guest being Emily. This included dinner & snacks as well. So I was hella busy & super tired at the end of it.
|too much partyin'|Mop. If I don't put it on a list, I will not do it.
- Blog 4x! I did this three times....
- Yoga 3x! I did this once...
- Utilize gym membership! I went once...
- Stop using so many parenthesis and !!!! in blog!!!!!!!! (Meh)
- Reconnect with someone. Either an old friend, or family member I haven't spoken to in a while. This I did! I reconnected with my friend James who is currently living in England (Hi James!) and my sister Dianna.
- Gym 3x. One time should include strength training
- Yoga 2x.
- Create a budget and stick with it.
- Eat healthfully consistently.
- Pick wedding photos for album. (JK 1 year later!)